- For Kids
- For Adults
- Adaptive TKD
- Cardio Kickboxing
- Virtual Training
We have completed our raffle drawing! Over 2000 tickets were earned and there were multiple winners as outlined below:
Grand Prize Winner: Derek Buchwald – Wave Master
2nd Prize: Foreit Wynn Family- $100 of items from Century Martial Arts!
3rd Prize: Hoyt Family – $50 of items from Century Martial Arts!
The top ticket earners were:
- Iain A.
- Manasi T.
- Arjun R.
- Isabella L.
- Mallika R.
- Derek B.
Besides the top three prizes, other prizes include T-shirts, Hoodies, Boppers, and wristbands!
Congratulations to everyone!
Read the interview by LHA with Master Shackelford about how the pandemic has impacted Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do. Click here for the article!
(The article was published recently though the interview was several weeks ago. Despite what is stated, we are beginning to offer in-studio classes at this time.)
Happy Father’s Day!
Did you miss it!?!?! If you intended to purchase a PARENT PROGRAM recently but thought you missed your chance, you are in luck!! This offer is good through June 30, 2020 and can be used by dads or moms!
For $39 parents will enjoy four (4) weeks of unlimited classes. Our Parent Program includes a uniform, but is limited to new students only. (Must begin classes before 2021)
We are finalizing preparations for our in-studio reopening! Please read below:
Knee High Ninja Students: Because of the strict guidelines and protocols, we will not be offering in-studio classes at this time. However, we do plan to expand the ‘zoom’ class schedule for Knee High Ninjas.
Junior/Teen/Adult Students: Please note the new procedures that will be expected to be followed:
- There will be only 9 students and 1 instructor on each floor for each class; therefore, students will be required to reserve their requested time online prior to attending. Most classes will be 30 minutes.
- Before being allowed into class, as per CDC guidelines, each student will be “screened” for symptoms associated with Covid-19 through verbal confirmation (see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/COVID19-symptoms-11×17-en.pdf). If an affirmative response is received, they will be denied access to the class.
- Students are expected to follow all traffic directions for entering and exiting the studio. “One Way Traffic” will be instituted to further social distance our students.
- Face-coverings for both students and instructors will be required. At a minimum, instructors will be wearing 2-ply, 100% cotton, washable face coverings.
- Students will be expected to “warm-up” and stretch at home prior to attending class, as there will be no warm-up/stretching in-studio.
- The class will concentrate more on “technique” along with emphasis on pattern memorization. There will be no ‘cardio’ or other activity that would increase ‘heavy breathing’ (as this would be difficult with face-coverings) and to further limit the spread of respiratory droplets.
- The changing rooms will be closed so students must arrive in uniform. No gear bags will be allowed. The only item students need to bring is their “belt stretcher” (purple belts and up).
- The water coolers will not be available for use.
- Students will be required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to their class (hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the school).
- Students must maintain ‘social distancing’ by remaining 10 feet apart while on the mats; Mats will be designated as such. The instructor on the floor will also be 10′ feet apart from the students.
- Parents/visitors will not be allowed to remain in the school; our lobbies will be closed. You will be expected to make arrangements to “meet” your student at a designated location or to walk your student in/out.
- Weather permitting; all doors will be propped open to increase air circulation.
- We will conduct strict cleaning and sanitizing of appropriate areas as per CDC guidelines.
- Students may be asked to leave if they are not abiding by the expectations/requirements noted here, or if they begin to exhibit or seem to exhibit concerning symptoms.
We are still determining the best date for our official reopening.
If you have a membership and did not receive the survey we emailed on 6/12/2020, please email us at [email protected] for the survey link. Completion of this survey will help us determine the best class schedule and prepare for your return.
Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do in Arlington was selected as one of the “Best of the Best” Martial Arts schools by Sun Gazette readers!
Thank you to all who voted for us! To see the complete “Best of the Best” issue, click here.
First, please understand that our top priority is the health and safety of our students, families and staff as we plan for our re-opening.
While we must remain closed during “Forward Virginia” Phase 1, we are working hard behind the scenes to be prepared for Phase 2 which is when we will be allowed to re-open our studio for in-person classes. We are consulting medical and business professionals, increasing inventory for cleaning and other supplies, planning how to “socially distance” on the mats, etc.
We will continue to offer “zoom” live-stream classes once we re-open. This is for two primary reasons:
- We know some of our families/students will not feel comfortable returning to the studio just yet, and
- With Forward Virginia’s guidelines and restrictions, we will have to limit the number of individuals on each floor to nine (9) students and one (1) instructor. This means we will need to offer live-steam classes to ensure students can attend enough classes per week.
To assist us with developing our schedule (in-studio and ‘zoom’) we will be sending out a short, but very important, survey soon. Please plan to complete the survey as it will help us determine how many of each class type/rank we will need to schedule.
Because of the strict guidelines and protocols, we will not be offering in-studio classes for our Knee High Ninja students at this time. However, we do plan to expand the ‘zoom’ class schedule for these students.
In the meantime, click below for this week’s Zoom Class Schedules:
If you are interested in starting classes, or are an actively-enrolled student and have not been receiving invitations to the online classes, please email us at [email protected].
Father’s Day– IT’S ALMOST HERE!!
Need a great gift idea for dad this year? Our PARENT PROGRAM is the solution!!
For $39 dad will enjoy four (4) weeks of unlimited classes. Our Parent Program includes a uniform, but is limited to new students only. Email us at [email protected] to get started!
Offer good through June 30, 2020!
(Must begin classes before 2021)
Virginia’s Reopening Guidelines indicate that indoor sports and exercise facilities must remain physically closed during Phase 1.
We appreciate your dedication and patience as we continue to prepare the studio in anticipation of offering limited in-studio classes as guidelines allow.
In the meantime, click below for this week’s Zoom Class Schedules:
In observance of Memorial Day, we will not have any classes on Monday, May 25. But, don’t worry!… Junior ranks who normally have Monday classes will have classes on Friday in addition to their typical Wednesday class. You can view the schedule by clicking here. (The Kneehigh Ninja class schedule remains the same and can be viewed by clicking here.)
In addition, our Adult Cardio Kickboxing classes start on May 26…. Tuesdays at 6 PM and Saturdays at 9 AM. And, ADULT STUDENTS can attend these classes as part of their regular TKD membership!
Have a safe Holiday Weekend!