- For Kids
- For Adults
- Adaptive TKD
- Cardio Kickboxing
- Virtual Training
Lead by example: Join our Leadership Program.
The Leadership Program at the Arlington school of Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do is designed to help our students with their leadership skills. Since one of the main themes in Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do is “Leading By Example,” we want to make sure that we are helping to build great leaders who not only have knowledge of the curriculum, but also have the confidence to express themselves and provide instruction to other students.
The Leadership Program is geared toward helping advanced students understand the benefits of teaching, with a focus on leadership qualities and teaching techniques and skills. Teens and adults may be given additional duties, since their participation may lead toward becoming a Jhoon Rhee Instructor.
Details and Qualifications
- Must be a student of Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do.
- Red Belt and higher.
- Must have attended at least one leadership since 2022 workshop and completed leadership agreement.
- Typically, students must complete 40 leadership credits before Black Belt. (Adults are only required to complete 10 total credits.) Of these 40, at least 10 must be from our typical Kneehigh Ninja or Junior classes. This requirement is on hold at this time.
Leadership Workshops will be held monthly in which the students will be taught teaching techniques that will help them with their leadership skills. Times and dates, when determined, will be emailed to those eligible as well as announced in advanced belt and adult classes.
Leadership: In classes, students will serve mostly as observers, helping to monitor the class. They may be asked to hold targets, pads, etc., or assist an individual student. Leadership participation will be tracked virtually as we will no longer be using “Leadership Cards.”
How to Sign Up for Classes
- Please only reserve your spots 1 week at a time.
- Red Belts may sign up for unlimited classes but assist with only Kneehigh Ninja Classes.
- 2nd Brown and 1st Brown Belts may sign up for an unlimited number of classes and assist with Kneehigh Ninja Classes and Jr. White Belt Classes.
- Black Belts may sign up for an unlimited number of classes and help with Kneehigh Ninja, and Jr. White and Gold Belt Classes (this includes the “Gold & Orange” classes.)
>>CLICK HERE<< to go to the shared Google Docs sign up.