- For Kids
- For Adults
- Adaptive TKD
- Cardio Kickboxing
Lead by example: Join our Leadership Program.
The Leadership Program at the Arlington school of Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do is designed to help our students with their leadership skills. Since one of the main themes in Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do is “Leading By Example,” we want to make sure that we are helping to build great leaders who not only have knowledge of the curriculum, but also have the confidence to express themselves and provide instruction to other students.
The Leadership Program is geared toward helping advanced students understand the benefits of teaching, with a focus on leadership qualities and teaching techniques and skills. Teens and adults may be given additional duties, since their participation may lead toward becoming a Jhoon Rhee Instructor.
Details and Qualifications
- Must be a student of Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do.
- Red Belt or higher.
- Must have attended at least one leadership workshop and completed leadership agreement.
- Must complete 40 leadership credits before Black Belt. (Adults are only required to complete 10 total credits.)
Leadership Workshops will be held on occasion in which the students will be taught teaching techniques that will help them with their leadership skills. Times and dates, when determined, will be emailed to those eligible as well as announced in advanced belt and adult classes.
Leadership: In classes, students will serve mostly as observers, helping to monitor the class. They may be asked to hold targets, pads, etc., or assist an individual student. After each class, students should come to the office and pull their “Leadership Card” to be marked for credit. At that time, they are expected to share thoughts with a staff member about what they learned while assisting that day.
How to Sign Up for Classes
- Please only reserve your spots 1 week at a time.
- Red Belts may sign up for 1 class per week and assist with only Kneehigh Ninja Classes.
- Brown Belts (1st & 2nd) may register for up to 2 per week and assist with only Kneehigh Ninja Classes and Jr. White Belt Classes.
- 1st Dan Black Belts may sign up for an unlimited number of classes and help with all listed classes EXCEPT “Purple/Blue Belt” Classes.
- 2nd Dan Black Belts may register for an unlimited number of classes and help with all listed classes.
- Adults may register for any class on the leadership schedule that is at least two belt ranks below your current rank.
>>CLICK HERE<< to go to the shared Google Docs sign up and fill in your name next to desired class.